Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2


I feel like I'm detoxing. I feel like standing up in a group of people and admitting, 'Hello my name is Marjorie and I'm a Sugar Addict.' I'm most likely a Carb addict too. Even though I'm eating really good food I'm definitely craving things I shouldn't eat. I'm even craving things that we've had in the house for months and I've had no desire to eat until now. I do have some 'snacks' around the house that I can eat if I need to graze. I bought some dried edemame (soy beans), sweet potato chips, mixed nuts, dried pees, and I'll have to pick up some dried bananas my next trip to Sunflower Market. I also decided I couldn't go cold turkey on the sugar so I have Agave to add to my oatmeal and other things and I bought some dark chocolate with almonds. So hears the Menu for day two...

Breakfast:
1 Cup steel cut oats (I make 4 servings on Monday which should last me the rest of the week.)
1Tbs Agave
1/4 cup Vanilla Soy Milk

Snack:
Kashi Nut Roll

Lunch:Soup from yesterday

Snack:
Chocolate Almond Banana Shake (yummy!)
1 Frozen Banana*
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Shake (I might do 2 next time)
1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk
1 spoonful of Almond Butter
*I cut up a bunch of bananas about 1/2 inch thick and laid them out on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for about an hour. Once frozen I put them in a zip lock bag. Then I can use them in shakes instead of ice.

Dinner:
Monteal Chicken with Broiled Asparagus
I pounded out 2 chicken tenders (that's why they look so big) Then sprinkled with Montreal Chicken seasoning and pan fried with a little Pam.
Oven broiled the asparagus with a little pam and Lemon juice sprinkled on it. After it was cooked I sprayed it with a little 'I can't believe it's not butter'.
I got a kick out of a recent episode of Ruby when she kept spraying her asparagus with butter spray. I didn't use as much as her but it does help. Although I love asparagus so this was a treat for me.
I also discovered Fuze low carb drinks when I had gestational diabetes. It only has 10 calories and 2g of sugar. It gives me that little bit of sweetness I need from time to time.
Daily Totals: Calories 1689 Protein 118.8 Carbs 196.2 Fat 53.1

1 comment:

  1. great idea to start a diet blog. i just might have to copy you one day. i'll definitely be checking in on your progress! i need to get in shape. i'm getting a tummy tuck to fix up my saggy belly. maybe i should just follow your diet and save some money:)!

    ReplyDelete